What you may want to bring
Elevation: 6300 ft (1900 m) above sea level.
Latitude: 39o (close to that of Ankara, Athens, Beijing)
- Weather: For our dates, the average high temperature is 80oF (27oC), and the average low is 40oF (4oC).
Since it may be hot during day time and very cold during night time, you should bring everything from sunscreen to warm sweaters.
- Tent, sleeping pad/mat/airbed, warm sleeping bag. Let us know if there is anything you need but cannot bring. Also,
please let us know if you can bring an extra tent.
- Insect repellent
- Warm clothes, including a sweater, jacket/coat, warm hat, and warm socks (it's going to be cold at night!)
- Everything for shower: quarters, soap, shampoo, towel, etc
- Games: ball, frisbee, or anything you have
- Food/beverage cooler, if it's not too much trouble
- Hiking attire: jeans/shorts, t-shirts, shirts with long sleeves, hiking shoes, hat/cap
- Sun screen (note the elevation and latitude!)
- Water bottles/containers
- Lots of sun screen
- Formal or business casual clothes. A number of guests will probably be dressed formally. However, we do not at
all insist that all the guests are. Please be prepared to walk a 200 m long trail from a parking lot to our spot. Also
notice that our favorite spot is a huge rock. High heels are therefore not recommended!
Please let us know if you think we should add something to this list.
Last update: 21 July 2004.
Back to the wedding page